Trip Cost: $2,000
Application Deadline: April 4, 2016
La Villa Esperanza is a home for at-risk, adolescent girls in Managua, Nicaragua. These girls face the threats of hunger, emotional distress, and sexual attack. By providing for these girls emotionally, spiritually, physically, and relationally, La Villa provides an opportunity for young women to break the cycle of generational poverty that they are often born into.
Hear The Cry partners with Forward Edge International who sends dozens of short-term mission teams to Managua every year. While the foundation of these trips are the girls at La Villa, each day while the girls are at schools the teams will go throughout the city on work projects. The hope for the Villa is not just that Jesus would radically impact these girls lives, but that He would also impact the girl’s families, the workers at La Villa, and the surrounding communities. Our teams get a chance to help make that impact by working alongside La Villa’s workers, spending time with the girls daily, and serving where there’s a need in Managua.
**Due to the nature of projects and activities at the Villa, and in the surrounding community, people with Latex allergies will be unable to participate on this trip.
Important Information about Hear The Cry Trips:
For more information contact
- Trip cost includes airfare, food, lodging, insurance, ground transportation, supplies and excursions. Team members are responsible for any additional snacks and souvenirs during travel.
- Interviews for each team will begin on the Application Deadline date for each trip.
- Passports are required for all destinations, and must be valid for 6 months past the date of departure. Allow 4-6 weeks for any passport application and processing time.
- India and Myanmar applicants must have a valid passport in hand at the time of the application deadline.
- Upon acceptance to the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required as you set up your fundraising and online profile. 50% of the total cost is due two months prior to departure, and the remaining balance two weeks before departure.