Trip Cost: $2,900
We are the women of the Oregon Alpha chapter of Pi Beta Phi at the University of Oregon. We are traveling to Chiang Mai, Thailand this December, 2015 to work with Remember Nhu and will teach sexual education to young girls who were preventatively removed from high-risk environments where they could have been sold into the sex trafficking system. Additionally, Pi Phis feel very passionate about children's literacy, and we will also bring English language books to help the girls improve their reading skills in English. We are so excited to experience a different culture and to work for a cause that empowers women and girls!Important Information about Hear The Cry Trips:
- Trip cost includes airfare, food, lodging, insurance, ground transportation, supplies and excursions. Team members are responsible for any additional snacks and souvenirs during travel.
- Interviews for each team will begin on the Application Deadline date for each trip.
- Passports are required for all destinations, and must be valid for 6 months past the date of departure. Allow 4-6 weeks for any passport application and processing time.
- India and Myanmar applicants must have a valid passport in hand at the time of the application deadline.
- Upon acceptance to the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required as you set up your fundraising and online profile. The balance of the trip cost is due two weeks prior to departure.
For more information contact