Trip Cost: $3,950Application Deadline: March 6, 2016
Our team of women will be traveling to Bethany Village, a rural community outside of Kampala, Uganda, on the banks of Lake Victoria. This community is made up of a primary school, a large farm, and orphanage homes caring for over 130 children. Bethany Village is a rural community with a strong vision to teach people and communities to become self sustaining, in a nation where jobs are scarce. Bethany is a part of African Renewal Ministries, a long time partner of A Jesus Church and Hear the Cry.
We will be working alongside the house moms and students of Bethany in their sewing training room and helping with jewelry making - by bringing supplies, purchasing additional machines and enhancing their skills, techniques and teaching methods. We will support their continued journey to develop skills that will equip young people, as they leave Bethany Village.
We will also spend time with these house moms and their families, who are each raising 15 children and running households by laughing, praying, encouraging and exercise! Health, fitness and other valuable life skills, will be great fun to share with these amazingly joyful people!
You don't need to be able to sew, everyone will have a role that will benefit the people of Bethany!Important Information about Hear The Cry Trips:
- Trip cost includes airfare, food, lodging, insurance, ground transportation, supplies and excursions. Team members are responsible for any additional snacks and souvenirs during travel.
- Interviews for each team will begin on the Application Deadline date for each trip.
- Passports are required for all destinations, and must be valid for 6 months past the date of departure. Allow 4-6 weeks for any passport application and processing time.
- India and Myanmar applicants must have a valid passport in hand at the time of the application deadline.
- Upon acceptance to the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required as you set up your fundraising and online profile. 50% of the total cost is due two months prior to departure, and the remaining balance two weeks before departure.
For more information contact