Trip Cost: $2,350
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019 - Women's only trip
This is a trip to MamaBaby Haiti, a free birth center in Northern Haiti that provides free prenatal, birth, and postnatal care for moms and their babies. Haiti has the highest infant and maternal mortality rate in the Western Hemisphere, a fact that can easily be remedied by the access to safe and thorough maternity care.
You will be going to serve medically in the clinic alongside the Haitian midwives to deliver babies, do prenatal and postnatal care, and take care of the Haitian community that comes in to the clinic daily. If you have special skills such as chiropractic, midwifery or nursing (or let us know what skill you have) we would love to have you on this trip! **Due to the nature of this trip and cultural acceptance, we are only able to accommodate women on this team.
Important Information about Hear the Cry Trips:
- Trip cost includes airfare, food, lodging, insurance, ground transportation, supplies and excursions. Team members are responsible for any additional snacks and souvenirs during travel.
- Interviews for each team will begin on the Application Deadline date for each trip.
- Passports are required for all destinations, and must be valid for 6 months past the date of departure. Allow 4-6 weeks for any passport application and processing time.
- India and Myanmar applicants must have a valid passport in hand at the time of the application deadline.
- Upon acceptance to the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required as you set up your fundraising and online profile. 50% of the total cost is due two months prior to departure, and the remaining balance two weeks before departure.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org