Trip Dates: August 15-22, 2019
Trip Cost: $2,300
Application Deadline: May 8th, 2019
La Villa Esperanza is a home for at-risk, adolescent girls in Managua, Nicaragua. These girls face the threats of hunger, emotional distress, and sexual attack. By providing for these girls emotionally, spiritually, physically, and relationally, La Villa provides an opportunity for young women to break the cycle of generational poverty that they are often born into.
Hear the Cry partners with Forward Edge International to send short-term teams to Managua every year. The hope for the Villa is that Jesus would continue to radically impact these girls' lives, their families, the workers at La Villa, and the surrounding communities. Our teams get to partner with Jesus in this by working alongside La Villa’s workers and spending time with the girls daily.
**Due to the nature of projects and activities at the Villa, and in the surrounding community, people with Latex allergies will be unable to participate on this trip.
Important Information about Hear the Cry Trips:
- Trip cost includes airfare, food, lodging, insurance, ground transportation, supplies and excursions. Team members are responsible for any additional snacks and souvenirs during travel.
- Interviews for each team will begin on the Application Deadline date for each trip.
- Passports are required for all destinations, and must be valid for 6 months past the date of departure. Allow 4-6 weeks for any passport application and processing time.
- India and Myanmar applicants must have a valid passport in hand at the time of the application deadline.
- Upon acceptance to the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required as you set up your fundraising and online profile. 50% of the total cost is due two months prior to departure, and the remaining balance two weeks before departure.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org