Trip Cost: $2,000
Application Deadline: April 10, 2016
In Jacmel, everything we do is centered around a thriving church in a rural community called Restoration Ministries. Restoration has many programs for the community including a school, a feeding program for the children, and a computer center for people to go online. They also build houses for people in need.
Teams working along side of Haitians all day, will help with building or manual labor projects that the church is working on. We have helped to build homes, a playground, worked on painting projects and helped in the community. The afternoons are spent helping with the feeding program, playing with the children and often offering a week of fun with Vacation Bible School.
The people in Jacmel will steal you hearts!
Important Information about Hear The Cry Trips:
- Trip cost includes airfare, food, lodging, insurance, ground transportation, supplies and excursions. Team members are responsible for any additional snacks and souvenirs during travel.
- Interviews for each team will begin on the Application Deadline date for each trip.
- Passports are required for all destinations, and must be valid for 6 months past the date of departure. Allow 4-6 weeks for any passport application and processing time.
- India and Myanmar applicants must have a valid passport in hand at the time of the application deadline.
- Upon acceptance to the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required as you set up your fundraising and online profile. 50% of the total cost is due two months prior to departure, and the remaining balance two weeks before departure.
For more information contact