Trip Cost: $3,950Application Deadline: January 11, 2018
This Spring we will be sending a team consisting of current Westside Kids Leaders to serve and minister to orphans and children who have come from hard places. Zimbabwe has the most orphans per capita in the world with 1.8 million of the 14 million population orphaned. This trip will consist of continuing to build on the relationships Hear the Cry has established with the 60 kids it sponsors along with connecting with other children, pastors, and projects in the community surrounding Harare, the nations capital. The team will minister through providing the kids skills training camps, hosting VBS, and encouraging and blessing the aunties who take care of the homes 24/7. Nearly 100% of the work and time on this trip is compassionate care work with orphans. This trip serves as a way to pour love into children who have each been through incredible amounts of trauma and loss and allow them to play, laugh, and be kids. Important Information about Hear The Cry Trips:
- Trip cost includes airfare, food, lodging, insurance, ground transportation, supplies and excursions. Team members are responsible for any additional snacks and souvenirs during travel.
- Interviews for each team will begin on the Application Deadline date for each trip.
- Passports are required for all destinations, and must be valid for 6 months past the date of departure. Allow 4-6 weeks for any passport application and processing time.
- India and Myanmar applicants must have a valid passport in hand at the time of the application deadline.
- Upon acceptance to the team, a non-refundable deposit of $25 will be required as you set up your fundraising and online profile. 50% of the total cost is due two months prior to departure, and the remaining balance two weeks before departure.
For more information contact